Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Friends and holiday cheer.

I'm being spoiled. My friends are just too awesome. I sometimes forget that people aren't as cool as them and don't really think about it. But then they go and do something that makes me love them all the more. There is nothing in the world like realizing how much someone understands you. It makes me want to do something amazing for them right back.

Boxing day this year was my christmas gift exchange with Sarah and Emily. We had a lot of fun. Sarah's parents this year had given us all Doctor Who Sonic Screwdrivers. And here is where the appreciations begin. We had fun with toys. While we are all going on to being full fledged adults we can still play and not deny enjoyment in the small pleasures of life. Too many people take themselves too seriously and loose the fun in the world. What is the point of living if you're not enjoying your life?

Sarah had made us personalized christmas crackers with all sorts of nerdy goodies. Mine had in it a tiny hand made K9 and T.A.R.D.I.S. pin, paper Sherlock Holmes and Watson based on BBC's new Sherlock, fun little mustache on a stick to go with an emergency Tea bag and sugar holder, and bubble blowing stuff that makes solid bubbles (so cool... I don't know how it works yet but it is just too cool).

And to top it all off a paper party hat that looked like an evil over lord's crown. I felt immensely pleased to be wearing it when I opened Emily's gift and found a book on "How to Be a Villain". In just the few minutes I spent reading it I can tell that it is going to be fantastic and hilarious!

We spent the evening goofing around, drinking tea, playing with our toys, watching the Doctor Who Christmas Special and making each other laugh.
Thanks for spoiling me and being big kids with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment