Friday, January 10, 2014

The best new years resolution I could come up with

Not paying for any of my resolutions.  

I don't really go in for New Years change because I find that my time of transition and setting solid goals for myself usually comes in the spring.  This year is a bit different, with having the decision of change taken out of my hands I have taken charge and am running with it.  I was a bit worried about making very hasty revisions to my life.  I figured I could benefit from planning to not spend any more money than I needed to.

For instance I've said I want to get fit and see more of my friends.  I'm not going to join a gym but I am going to start pushing myself in running more. I will have people over for dinner and chats at my place rather than going out for dinner or coffee.  And if my semi thought of a wardrobe update comes to fruition I will work on modifying what I already have and looking for some nice things on sale.

This gives me a much needed boost when it comes to the things that I want to do that require some serious cash.  A few nights ago I sat down with my friend Alyssa and we got talking about the sense of liberation I had from being relieved of my obligations to my apartment.  I have finally understood the sentiment that things you own start owning you.  So riding on this wave of feeling free I started talking and writing down what I wanted from this year... it was packed!

Places I want to go and the people I want to visit when I get there.  This list of dreams for 2014 will probably spill over into the next few years too.  A great weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I look forward to the coming months.

What were your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment